Wednesday, July 29, 2009

cocktail hour

x-rated cocktail

I can't remember who first introduced me to x-rated liqueur - Kate was it you? It's imported from France and has a vodka base that is infused with mango, blood orange and passion fruit flavors. In college I would buy it when we were celebrating something fun (it's not cheap - 1 liter is about $30, but a little goes a long way). When I did a google search this afternoon for cocktails with x-rated liqueur a whole pile of concoctions came up. It's really sweet so I like to keep it simple:

- 1.5 oz vodka (whatever kind you like)
- .5 oz x-rated liqueur
- soda water
- ice
- lemons (if you wish)

fill a tall glass to the top with ice. add vodka and x-rated. top off with soda water. mix well and garnish with a lemon slice or two.

*I love ice but I'm sure this would make a great martini too. Or, mix with some tequila in a blender with fresh OJ, a little sweet & sour and ice for an x-rated margarita.

No comments: