Monday, July 20, 2009

currently reading

I'm notorious for reading multiple books, magazines, etc. at once. This time around the stories actually coincide, which makes it easier for my brain to handle. I started 'my life in france' about a month ago and have enjoyed reading a few pages here and there about Julia's life. I'm fascinated by the time she spent in France with her husband {Paul} and how it lead her to become one of the worlds most well known cooks (she didn't even really start cooking until she was 37!). Her life seems so pleasant and uncomplicated, and her love for food so honest it makes me want to keep cooking forever! And that is just what one New Yorker did. In 'julie & julia' Julia Child's influence continues through one woman's quest to get through all the recipes from 'mastering the art of french cooking' in a year. I'm about a third of the way through and the book is very funny and unpretentious - I know the movie will be fabulous too. For more Julia love check out bon appetit's August issue!

No comments: