Wednesday, May 12, 2010

inspiration {mom's new bedroom}

We're giving my mom's bedroom a little makeover - fresh paint, refinished hardwood floors, new bedding, art and accessories. She loves blue (and our entire house is blue) so we're going to stick with it. I'm loving a quiet, restful palette of subdued blues, grays, creams and whites (with hopefully a little pop of color in there somewhere). Her style is a little bit country (no more red gingham, sorry!) so I'd like to do layers of textures and patterns in the bedding and an interesting vintage piece or two. We starting by painting the walls Martha Stewart's Heavy Goose (below). It's a very soft blue-gray color and SO pretty, I love it. (Her new line is great by the way - one coat covered beautifully). Here are a few images that I'm using for inspiration...

1+2. House Beautiful 3. unknown 4+5. Domino

No comments: