Wednesday, June 23, 2010

cocktail hour {hawaiian inspired}

I know I did tropical drinks last week, but we went to the UMass Club tonight for an open house and the theme was Hawaii. It reminded me of the booze cruise we used to go on when I lived in Oahu so I had to share a drink similar to what they served (and a picture too - Waikiki beach and Diamondhead in the background). The U Club called it the "Tiki Tiki Cocktail" and since I love bubbles I had them top mine off to create a "sparkling" version.

sparkling tiki tiki cocktail

- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- soda water and ice

Combine all in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a large glass over ice and top with soda water. Serve with a pretty little umbrella and pineapple slice.

Oh how I miss Hawaii...

No comments: