Thursday, June 24, 2010

new apartment {phase 2}

We've been living in our new apartment now for 4 months. We have probably quadrupled the square footage from our last apartment so it has taken us a while to find some basic pieces that we liked and could afford (nearly everything is a flea market, craigslist, Target, Homegoods or Ikea find). Room layouts have been established (except our office/guest bedroom, which I can't decide what to do with - beautiful office just for us, or a nice place for guests??? Or a combination of both??? More on that in another post...) and now it's a matter of starting what I'm calling "phase 2" of our first level living space. My boyfriend thinks I'm C-R-A-Z-Y... he looks around and is happy with everything the way it is. For me phase 2 is all about the details - art, accessories, introducing more color through paint, fabric, etc. and adding the finishing touches that will make each room beautiful. I'm a little obsessed, but I can't help it since this is what I LOVE to do. Here is our living room now:


Now our dining room. Originally I had a few yellow pieces in this room (check it out here) but I've back tracked a bit to a more neutral starting point. We painted BM's Edgecomb Gray on the walls (nothing too crazy for color since this is a rental) as a backdrop for our black dining set (redone from craigslist) and antique white sideboard from Brimfield. What this room needs is some serious color. I'd love to find an old piece to paint and use as a bar, add a few throw pillows in a fun fabric, and frame some colorful prints. Another idea is to add a print or stripes to the white linen drapes (or the rug - eek!) with a little paint... not sure if that will happen or not - the possibilities are really endless!

Hope you enjoyed another mini apartment tour! Aren't these two paintings Pat's grandfather did years ago so pretty? Will share details and pics as things progress...

No comments: