Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a gender-neutral nursery

My sweet friend Kate is having a baby at the end of the month and she and her husband have decided not to find out the sex of the baby beforehand. I don't know if I could do it (I think I might be too much of a control freak...ha) but I think it's exciting that they're keeping it a surprise. I snuck a peek at her nursery and it's a beautiful, buttery yellow, with dark wood furniture, which will transform easily for either a boy or girl. Another color palette that I love incorporates varying shades of green (celadon, chartreuse, apple) with chocolate brown, soft blues and pops of yellow. It's soothing with a touch of whimsy.

Kate - I couldn't be any happier for you... I have no doubt that you will be the most fabulous mommy!

No comments: