Monday, May 17, 2010

project sneak peek {mom's bedroom}

I'm helping my mom re-decorate her bedroom and here's what the space looks like so far. Originally I was thinking of using some higher intensity blues, but after shopping around (and seeing the paint go up) I chose a pretty quilt in muted blues, greens, gold and white and am building the palette from there.

First, we refinished the original hardwood floors and gave the walls and ceiling a fresh coat of paint. We kept her old bed to save money (a little weird with it's built in side tables - no room! but working on a solution for that) and bought new bedding and lamps. Next up - finish the drapery panels (a creamy white linen,) find a great upholstered bench or ottomans for the foot of the bed, and a small rug. We're also going to lean a large mirror against one of the walls to open up the space even more (I made her get rid of 3 large pieces of furniture that were so not necessary - she has two closets flanking the doors across from the bed, and tons of under bed storage). I'm still deciding on art and have a bunch of ideas to try. So far she loves it!

No comments: