Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cocktail hour {real simple's white sangria}

I'm so sad that I haven't made any sangria yet this summer. I've posted about white sangria before, but there are so many different recipes to try and I'll never tire of it. This one, from Real Simple, is light and super quick.

white sangria

- 6 cups Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar (I'd probably use a little less..)
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 ripe nectarine, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 tangerine, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless white grapes, halved
- 1 cup club soda

In a large pitcher combine the wine and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add all other ingredients (except for the club soda) and stir well. Refrigerate 1-4 hours. When ready to serve, stir in club soda and ice cubes.

*I'd probably fill glasses with ice, add sangria mixture 3/4 of the way, then top off with club soda. Less chance of your soda going flat!

No comments: