Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY octavia headboard

I'm moving into a new apartment this weekend so I have been busy with some painting and DIY projects. The sideboard I bought at Brimfield a while back is now BRIGHT turquoise, which I'm hoping will be fun against an exposed brick wall. Also, I ordered my first queen sized mattress and couldn't be more excited to have my own, super comfy bed. I love the Octavia headboard from Serena & Lily but could never afford the $1,500+ price tag so my brother's girlfriend and I took a trip to Home Depot and Joanne's to try and create a similar version of our own. Sketching out the pattern and adding all the nailhead trim was a labor of love, and it's far from perfect, but we're pretty proud of how it turned out. In memory of my sweet baby niece that passed away in July I am doing my bedroom in lavender (purple was one of her favorite colors,) gray and white. Very pretty and serene I hope.




No comments: